FRA for 5442D - blank plots?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
pierrel2

FRA for 5442D - blank plots?

Post by pierrel2 »

I was able, with the help of PicoScope tech folks, to download an SDK supporting the 5442D and recompile the FRA 4 PicoScope application. I was even able to get some nice plots out of it. However, I stupidly then went and tried to build a production version, and since then, the original debug version runs the FRA analysis, then puts up a plot containing no vertical scale and nothing in the plotting area itself.

I suspect this is a known issue with FRA that has nothing to do with my particular scope, but don't know where to look
Attachments
blank_FRA.jpg

hexamer
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: FRA for 5442D - blank plots?

Post by hexamer »

I realize this thread is very old and you've probably moved on, but I can't say that I've seen this before. Just to be clear, you're still running the debug version, and the mere act of building the production version made this happen? Here are a few thoughts and questions in case you're interested in debugging:

1) Are you building Qt and PLplot from scratch too, or are you using the binaries I posted? The binaries posted aren't up to date with what I'm using these days and neither are the instructions for how to build. For the very latest application code (not released yet), I'm actually using VS2019, PLplot 5.13, and Boost 1.72
2) Have you tried turning on all the diagnostic messages to see if anything telling shows up?