data logger with python

Post discussions on projects you are working on
TobiPT

data logger with python

Post by TobiPT »

For my application I need a python script which records analog data continously over a long time (>10 min) with the highest available sample rate (1-10 MHz). Data analysis will be done offline. So I just want to stream the data from the Picoscope to the PC.

I have a Picoscope 2204A and I am unsing python 3 (Anaconda distribution). I did not find any working and suitable examples on the Picotech website or on Github. I also failed to write a script by myself following the programmers guide. Either non-helping error messages (error 1h or error 3h) appeared or the script ran without doing anything (callback functions not executed).

I assumed that my application is a rather basic application and thus I got confused not to find any working example somewhere. Is a data looger as I explained possible with the hardware I have? If so, could you give me some hints how to implement it or preferably a working example.

Many thanks in advance.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: data logger with python

Post by Martyn »

We are currently working to provide streaming examples for Python but have nothing at present. For further advice please contact the support team directly support@picotech.com with your code and they can advise on potential issues
Martyn
Technical Support Manager