PicoLog not finding 2205A

Forum for discussing PicoLog
terrypin

PicoLog not finding 2205A

Post by terrypin »

Help! Spent hours today trying in vain to get PicoLog running on my more recent and faster XP Pro PC. (Prior to replacing the ancient XP Home PC in my shed, which runs PicoLog but with various problems I've raised in recent months, probably due to its slow USB).

I first ran PicoScope 6 (6.11.10.1540, the latest suitable for XP). That worked fine on my brief test. And in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers there was an entry 'PicoScope 2000 Series PC Oscilloscope'.

I close that and run PLW32.exe and in Converter Details choose PicosCope 2000 Series (for my 2205A). But after less than a second of 'enumeration', nothing appears in the USB Devices window. Refresh tells me no device is selected, naturally. Reboots and reruns - still the same frustrating result.

Also, I tried four different USB sockets and every time the New Hardware Wizard appeared! I duly let it install (From C:\Windows\INF), buy why would that be necessary, given that it was already obviously installed, running PicoScope 6?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

terrypin

Re: PicoLog not finding 2205A

Post by terrypin »

I did eventually manage to get it working. I found an .MSI file in an obscure location and that allowed me to get PicoLog 5.23 working.

However I was dismayed to find that it did not resolve the major issue I have on the older (shed) XP Home PC - one of the main reasons for the intended replacement. :cry:

I'll prepare a fresh post to describe it.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK