No Suitable Device Found error - REALLY FRUSTRATED

Having problems ? let us know the details here
strangequark
User
User

No Suitable Device Found error - REALLY FRUSTRATED

Post by strangequark »

Hi,

We've got a model 4824 8-chan picoscope. I can't tell you how messed up the setup is -- and it is still not working.

1. The red light on the hub is on and the devices are recognized in lsusb in linux
2. I have the correct ubuntu (Bionic Beaver) 18.04 LTS kernel to run the drivers and software
3. Each time I start the software, I get a 'no suitable device found' window pop up on startup
4. Tried to reinstall and repair drivers and software; reboot each time

1. Tested with Win10. Hub lights up.
2. Ensured the programs are not blocked due to security
3. Reinstalled and repaired the drivers and software; rebooted and nothing! Where is that Win10 64 driver from your list of drivers on the website actually installing to? The hardware changes are not affected when I run the driver .exe file and refresh DM. So, I'm operating on the only driver I could find in the list. It looks like the older one, but I can't manually upload the new one from the downloads website in DM because it's a .exe file!
4. Eventually, also figured out that the drivers don't automatically install. I had to go in manually to select the picoscope4000 driver from a list of drivers to install it. The PC now recognizes the driver in DM, but even then, it still doesn't work!
5. Switched out the cables in the rare chance the cables were faulty and as per other people who've encountered this problem, but no dice. No noticeable damage either.
6. Win10 device troubleshooter finds a problem when I run it about being in a 2.0 port. then when I plug it into a 3.0 hub, the device is recognized in the device list (what?). Still doesn't work though. Is that an issue with my linux PC then? I only have 2.0 hubs in my linux machine. I don't see why this would be a problem -- it would just run slower in a 2.0 than if it were in a 3.0 hub?

To get this thing working on both linux and Win10 is an absolute travesty.

I'm about ready to ship these back and ask for our money back. Nothing should ever be this messy to install - especially on Win10. I have a project that I need to start on and can't keep wasting more time. Can someone please help? Thank you!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Suitable Device Found error - REALLY FRUSTRATED

Post by Martyn »

With the Windows 10 PC please work through Section 1 of the Frequently Asked Questions some of which you have already done. Then if you still have issues locate the trace.xml file from section 3 , and the dpinst.log file from c:\windows and send these to support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

strangequark
User
User

Re: No Suitable Device Found error - REALLY FRUSTRATED

Post by strangequark »

Thank you! I wanted to post this mainly because I wanted to be able to document the same problems that someone else might have. I’ve seen this posted before with no resolution or conclusion on the subject that helped. It turns out that after getting a hold of someone at tech support after posting this and testing another pico hub we have concluded that the relay switch on the unit is bad. Important: If you don’t hear a clicking sound when you plug in the hub even if the light on the hub is on then the hub is faulty and the device will not be on recognized. I didn’t know this as a start because it figures I unknowingly picked the dead one first. Was faulty brand new and out of the box which happens sometimes. Much thanks to tech support for helping me out!