Picoscope 4824 Combine Stream and AWG vi

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Henrike

Picoscope 4824 Combine Stream and AWG vi

Post by Henrike »

Hello all together,

I am using the Picoscope 4824 and I am currently trying to combine PicoScope4000aExampleAWG.vi and the PicoScope4000aExampleStreaming.vi. I have stripped both vi's of some functions I do not net right now and adapted them to my project and both work perfect individually. When I want to combined the stream and AWG vi, as shown in the attachment, I am able to receive my signal on Channels A - H, but I am not able to produce an output signal via the Gen channel.

Currently its wired in the following order:

Open - Settings - WrapSettings - StartsStreaming - AWG - GetStreamingValues - Close

but I have also tried swapping AWG and GetStreamingValues :

Open - Settings - WrapSettings - StartsStreaming - GetStreamingValues - AWG - Close

Could someone maybe point out to me, how I would have to wire everything together, so I am able to receive signals and generate a signal in one combined vi.

Thanks you vey much.

Henrike
Attachments
Example Combined Stream and AWG vi
Example Combined Stream and AWG vi

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 4824 Combine Stream and AWG vi

Post by Martyn »

Make sure you start the AWG before starting the streaming.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Henrike

Post by Henrike »

Hello Martyn,

thanks for your reply. But when I place the AWG before StartStream, the AWG is not included in the while loop anymore and does no react to anything. And including the StartStream and the AWG into the while loop slows the stream down by a lot. How and where would I have to place the AWG?

Thank you

Henrike

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You need to use this setup

Open - Settings - WrapSettings - AWG - StartsStreaming - GetStreamingValues - Close

If you need to be able to change the AWG setttings before running the streaming, then code this so that you can't move on until you apply the settings.
Martyn

Henrike

Post by Henrike »

Hello Martyn,

I actually would have to change the AWG parameters (Voltage and Frequency) WHILE still keep the stream running. So therefore I initially thought I could included it into my inner while loop. How would I have to code it otherwise, when the AWG is actually outside the inner while loop?
Sorry, this might be a very easy an obvious question, but I am quite new to LabVIEW and I am still finding and learning new things, but for now a while loop seemed to be the only option I could see. I would be very thankful if you could help me out a bit more.

Regards.

Henrike

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You need to call the function before starting to stream to get things going, it is then possible to change some parameters including frequency but not voltages whilst the scope is streaming.

From page 92 of the Programmer's Guide

Code: Select all

in general, this function can be called with new arguments while waiting for a trigger; the
exceptions are the arguments offsetVoltage, pkToPk, arbitraryWaveform, arbitraryWaveformSize and operation, which must be unchanged on subsequent calls, otherwise the function will return a PICO_BUSY status code.
Martyn

Henrike

Post by Henrike »

Hello Martyn,

thanks for your reply. As recommended by you, I have placed the AWG in between WrapSettings and StartsStreaming, which means the AWG is now outside the inner loop and does not get updated when changing its parameters. I then implemented an Update Button into the inner loop, so when I need to change the parameters of the AWG, this button stops the inner loop, going to the outer loop, where my AWG gets updated and its goes automatically back into the inner loop, where my streaming will start again. Like this I get a short period of time, where my streaming is not being performed, but its basically not recognizable in the graphs and it does not affect my application.

Its probably not the perfect and most elegant solution, but it works for me and my application for now.

Thanks again for your help Martyn.

Henrike

Zadomo

Post by Zadomo »

hey Henrike,

is it working your programme?

Thanks for your Answer.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Zadomo,
Do you have a PicoScope, and if so are you having difficulty in getting it to work with LabVIEW ?
Martyn

Zadomo

Post by Zadomo »

Martyn,
Thanks for your answerd, yes, I have a picoscope 3000 serie and ich would this withe Iginition Controller connected.
would you me a typ to Help?

Best regards, Zadomo

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Which 3000 series scope do you have, which example code are you running, and what is the exact issue you need help with ?
Martyn