USB recognition with isolator

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Joerg

USB recognition with isolator

Post by Joerg »

I'm using a 3406D with an USB3.0-isolator from Alldaq.
The 3406D is conneced to it's power supply.
But if I start the PC there is no recognition of the 3406.
I would have to disconnect the cable between PC and isolator
and connect it again after the PC was running up.
Than the Picoscope get's recognized in 2 third of the cases.
What could I do to get a automatic recognition of the
3406D without connecting/disconnecting the USB-cable ?

Thanks

Hitesh

Re: USB recognition with isolator

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Joerg,

Our recommendation would be to connect the PicoScope after starting the PC in this case as we are aware of an issue with our USB 3.0 devices not being recognised if connected to the PC prior to start-up. This is due to a third party component in use but we are in the process of addressing this.

Regards,

Joerg

Post by Joerg »

Hi Hitesch,

the Picoscope is inside a system and it is difficult to handle a cable plugin.
Is there a possiblitity of a delayed search for an USB-Device (Software solution) ?
Could you recommend a perfectly working isolator ?

Thanks

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Joerg,

You could try starting the PicoScope application after a delay otherwise you would have to write your own application to control the device via the SDK.

Would it be possible for some more information about your application please? Is it speed-intensive i.e. are you capturing at high rates and require fast transfer to the PC? Have you tried a USB 2.0 cable?

Regards,

Joerg

Post by Joerg »

Hi,

found out that it was connected to an USB2-Port by mistake.
With the correct USB3-Port the PC was recognizing the Picoscop after running up
in recent days. Thanks.

Jonathan Greening

Post by Jonathan Greening »

I am experimenting using a hifime High Speed (480Mbps) USB isolator with my Picoscope 2407B the object being to avoid my PC zero being common to the zero of what I am measuring.
This does work and I have used the combination for measurements quite successfully; it is working now as I write. But sometimes it stops working and I can't get the 2407B to talk over the isolator even though the power light is on. Plugging in the Picoscope directly works and trying the isolator with other USB devices (eg hard drive) also works. Try as I might the Picoscope software jusr won't see the device. Then another time, I can use the isolator and it seems happy for all the time I need it.
Any ideas what is happening here or how I can investigate further ?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jonathan,

When the device is not found when connected through the isolator, is it present in the Windows Device Manager?

It might be helpful to see a PicoScope trace file (see section 3 of the PicoScope 6 FAQ) once you have run a PicoScope 6 session where the device has not been detected.

Regards,