TC-08 not detected on macOS after disconnection

Forum for discussing PicoLog
MarvinC

TC-08 not detected on macOS after disconnection

Post by MarvinC »

Hi guys. Trying to keep this as brief as pos, but a bit difficult.. I bought a s/hand TC-08 many years ago and it works faultlessly ( on windoze ). Imagine my joy when I saw that you now do a Mac version of picolog... Yay! Downloaded v 6.1.4 and it seemed to work, until I set alarms. I want to sense temps on a 3d printer so thought I had better set alarm for channel disconnect. (wires constantly being moved). It didn't detect the t/c disconnecting! So I tried unplugging the USB lead to the TC-08. Yes, it then said channel 8 disconnected. Now I can't get it to show anything else!!!! Reconnected USB and t/cs, tried different USB ports, deleted and reinstalled s/ware. Same every time. I am using a Mac running High Sierra. The TC-08 still runs fine on a Windoze machine. Any ideas? Perhaps Picolog (on a Mac) isn't quite stable yet?? Thanks guys..

Hitesh

Re: TC-08 not detected on macOS after disconnection

Post by Hitesh »

Hi MarvinC,

Just to confirm is the TC-08 not detected again when reconnecting it to the mac? Is there a light flashing on the device as soon as you connect it to the software or is it a solid colour?

The TC-08 does not have a feature to detect if a thermocouple is disconnected; rather the device being disconnected will propagate through to the channel status.

Are you using any anti-virus software on the mac?

Does the TC-08 appear in the list of USB devices under System Information?

Regards,

MarvinC

Post by MarvinC »

Thanks for the quick response Hitesh. Just like the PC, there is no light on the device and no device under Sys Info until Picolog is started then the LED shows green for 3 seconds then flashes (usual R/G) and the device shows up on Sys Info. Picolog is disabled, white screen with PL and the animated graphics. I cannot get anything else. However, I spotted a difference to a PC. On a windoze machine the LED goes off when picolog is shut down, on the Mac, it keeps flashing until device is disconnected.
Makes no difference which way round, PL started first or TC08 connected first, same results. Tried all the USB ports, with/without USB hubs. When PL is running (or trying to run) then 'Notifications' shows device disconnected when unplugged and 'Alarm triggered, channel 8 == disconnected' when reconnected.

No A/V on the Mac, just Rapport and AdGuard.

Have fun with this one. It sounds awkward... Thanks.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi MarvinC,

What is the serial number of your device please? Which version of the PicoLog software is installed?

If the LED is still flashing then it indicates that the device is collecting data.

When you disconnected the TC-08 from the Mac previously when it was working, was the channel view on the right minimised before you closed the software? If so, please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide some instructions on how to resolve this.

Regards,