trouble adding reference to library

Post your .Net discussions here
kevin1975

trouble adding reference to library

Post by kevin1975 »

Hi,

I'm writing some simple code in C# using visual studio to read the channels on a model 2206B oscilloscope. When I try to add a reference to PS2000a.dll, MVS gives the following error message:

A reference to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PicoTechnology\PicoScope6\PS2000a.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Is this the correct using directive or do I need to reference a different library?

Thanks for the help!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: trouble adding reference to library

Post by Martyn »

Have you checked our 2000a C# example on GitHub
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

kevin1975

Post by kevin1975 »

Do you have a C# example that's easier to understand, something that doesn't require a wrapper?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I pointed you at the GitHub examples so that you can see how we use the imports to define the dll functions.

If you email your current project (without exe and dll files) to support@picotech.com with a full description showing exactly what you are trying to do, we will be able to point you in the right direction.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

TimOster

Post by TimOster »

I write in Visual Studio, but for vb.net. When I use the labjack I reference the LJUDDotNet.dll file. It is located in the \Drivers folder, not the PicoScope6 folder.