Save to buffer on trigger?

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

Save to buffer on trigger?

Post by Guest »

I'm evaluating weather PCO could help me in this type of measurements. I'm in particular interested in saving data to memory (buffer) each time a trigger is acquired. Let's say I want to save 500 waveform (e.g. 5000pts in each) to channel memory for every trigger pulse detected and at the end transfer data to the hard disc. Is it possible to do that with both series 3000 and 5000 of Picoscopes? I tried to read the manual and tried the demo but could not be sure about it. However I read something like "save to buffer on trigger" in the specifications of the 3200 series.

Thanks for your help.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
Yes, it is possible to save to the memory buffer on trigger. The actual number of screens of information will depend on several factors, (number of samples per screen, sample rate, amount of scope memory, etc). In PicoScope6, everything is held in memory until it is saved to the hard drive. Up to 1000 screen captures can be held and you can scroll back and forth through them. You can save just one, or all of them at once.
PeterF.