ADC-12 (parallel) windows xp issues

Post any questions about our parallel port products
ilbajec
User
User

ADC-12 (parallel) windows xp issues

Post by ilbajec »

I am using the parallel version ADC-12 on windows xp. Windows XP SP2 have been freshly installed with all subsequent updates. There is no additional software installed. I've downloaded the latest drivers from your site (i.e. PicoLog and PicoScope version R5.18.0) and installed them. Before running the software I always run the command "regdriver pico" to register the driver.

Juat after the installation of the pico software suite the ADC-12 works as it should (i.e. it gives correct values), it works even on some occasions (can not detect which prerequisites need to be met). Thenagain after a reboot of the machine it does not work (i.e. it gives a constant value of +5V, be it conected or not).

How can I make it work at all times?

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello ilbajec,

You should not run 'regdriver pico' before running R5.18.0. The correct procedure after software installation is to connect the ADC-11 to the computer and then configure the ADC-11 from within PicoLog or PicoScope.

Please also note that, sometimes, legacy products such as the ADC-12 which rely upon the parallel port can behave unpredictably as a result of the changes that newer operating systems have made to the way in which the LPT is used. Generally, such issues can be resolved by using our parallel to USB converter (http://www.picotech.com/usb_parallel_port.html).

Regards
John

ilbajec
User
User

Post by ilbajec »

Thank you for your info, but the fact is that PicoLog (if regdriver pico is not run) states an error saying pico.sys can not be found. This issue is resolved by calling regdriver. Whatismore we are also using Visual C++ based proprietary software, which through the corresponding dll requires pico.sys.

The fact is that at times the ADC-12 works as it should, but at times it does not. If I understand you correctly there is no other solution than buying the USB to parallel converter, except using an older vesion of Microsoft Windows.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

ilbajec,

The only other suggestions would be to make sure that you have no conflict with other devices such as plug-in parallel port adapters or s/w dongles.

Regards
John

GM
User
User

Post by GM »

ilbajec,
did you sort this out?
I have a similar problem.
Same device: adc-12
operating system: XP (sp3)
PicoScope: 5.20.1
real parallel port
I only get +5VDC on picoscope no matter what I do.
Also, I also am trying to access the ADC-12 through my own software which works on another machine.
I am using Picoscope to try and see if the ADC-12 EVER works.