Linux drivers for the PicoScope 2104?

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Linux drivers for the PicoScope 2104?

Post by Guest »

I downloaded the drivers from picotech-com/software/linux/libps2_3000_i386_R3_6_3_3_1.tgz but they're 32-bit only, Fedora 8, and don't include source code. (sorry for the mangled URLs, apparently I'm not allowed to post real ones, not even if they're pointing to www picotech com)

Of course, I run 64-bit Fedora 9. Close but no cigar.

I am heartened by this: "Our Linux drivers are released under an Open Source licence which allows you to modify and redistribute them as you wish." -- /linux.html

Is the source available for the 2104 drivers? Specifically, for the libps2000 file? If so, I can compile it on my system and be in business. I do Linux drivers for a living so I'm not too worried about the difficulty :-).

Thanks!

Try again

Post by Guest »

Let me try again, slightly more coherently. :)

I'd like to buy your 2105 to use with my 64-bit Linux workstation. I checked picotech-com/software/linux/libps2_3000_i386_R3_6_3_3_1.tgz but this package only has 32-bit binaries.

Do you provide your driver source code to customers? Specifically, the code that generated the libps2000 so file? If so, I'm confident that I could port it to run on my workstation, and I'd order the 2105 device ASAP.

Thank you very much for your answer.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello guest,

64-bit Linux drivers are now available: http://labs.picotech.com/

Regards
John