Picolog 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 displays wrong alarms

Forum for discussing PicoLog
joonas

Picolog 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 displays wrong alarms

Post by joonas »

We ordered new PicoLog 1216.

We want to log light intensity changes with optic sensors which give out voltage in range 0 to 2.5V.
Please see attached files.

I set the alarm to be triggered when voltage drops below 0.04 V or raises above 0.06 V.
Light output shoud be constant and we want to check that it is constant without jumps and changes.

To detect quick changes we use sample interval 1 ms.

After working overnight I can see a lot of alarms. If I click on the alarms and zoom in I cannot see which value causes the alarm as all values on graph are in range.

When I sort the attached csv you can see that some values are missing. Yuo can also see that existing values are inside bounds.

Example data was taken after overnight log was saved without closing the Picolog application.

After closing and reopnening the Picolog application logging resumed without alarms.

PC details. macOS 10.13.3.

We need to log changes over long period. It seems that Picolog has bug which appears after few hours.
What should we do to be able to log values overnight?
Why alams are triggered, becuase of missing values?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.21.55.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.21.06.png
Last edited by joonas on Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

joonas

Re: Picolog 6.1.2 displays wrong alarms

Post by joonas »

I tired to attach csv to this post but maximum allowed size is 256 KiB and compressed csv file is 609 KiB.
I can send it if needed.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you send the picolog file and the csv file to support@picotech.com the team can then take a look at the data and your configuration.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

joonas

Post by joonas »

Martyn wrote:Can you send the picolog file and the csv file to support@picotech.com the team can then take a look at the data and your configuration.
Thank you for quick response.
Sent email with files.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi joonas,

Thank you for sending in the e-mail which I have responded to.

For the benefit of other Users, the issue with gaps in csv data has been fixed and should be available via the next release.

The issue with Alarms will be looked into.

Regards,

joonas

Re: Picolog 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 displays wrong alarms

Post by joonas »

Now tested Picolog 6.1.9. It worked ok over the 24 hours. No high memory or CPU use. Seems to be working ok now. Only problem I noticed was that alarm location red coloured area is off from out of range data but this is minor inconvenience.

Thanks to Hitesh for all the help!