Screen capture update rate reduced significantly

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
laichh
User
User

Screen capture update rate reduced significantly

Post by laichh »

I am using the PicoScope 6.0.15 with my PicoScope 5204.

I notice that when I let the software run for a long repiod, says overnight, the screen update rate reduce significantly to about 2~3 frame/sec. I've checked the Preference > Power Management > Capture Rate is set to [unlimited].

When I close the PicoScope 6 & restart it again, the screen update rate return to normal, as much as my eye can respond, about 20 frame/sec.

I don't want to restart the PicoScope 6 again & again, do I have anyway to refresh the screen update rate to normal without restarting it?
CH Lai

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello CH Lai,

It may be worth taking a look at the other power saving options settings on your computer.

Presumably, there are no other applications running concurrently?

Regards
John

laichh
User
User

Post by laichh »

Hi John,

The PicoScope 6 is running alone, no other application is running at the time I observe this problem.
CH Lai

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hi Lai,

Presuming that you are running Windows XP, would you please zip the following file from your hard disk and send it for my attention to support@picotech.com

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology

Could you please also submit a .psdata file and screen-shot of the 'performance' view from task manager when the slow refresh is occurring.

Regards
John