Linux prelim Drivers!

Post your Linux discussions here
tobie.de.beer
User
User

Linux prelim Drivers!

Post by tobie.de.beer »

First of all, Thanks to Picoscope for coming to the table and presenting some Linux Drivers as Available at Pico Labs! (2000 and 3000 series) :D

Could Anyone tell me (off hand) whether these (should) work on 64 bit linux? If not do you plan on making such driver available?

At this stage I'll be more than happy to work with 32 bit linux, but I believe 64 bit will be the future.

Thanks
Tobie

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Tobie,

In theory, those should work in 64-bit Linux but we have tested them in 32-bit only.

Regards
John

tobie.de.beer
User
User

Post by tobie.de.beer »

Thanks!

I'll give feedback as soon as I managed to spend a couple of hours with it (at home)

(I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit on a hp 8710W)

Tobie

tobie.de.beer
User
User

Post by tobie.de.beer »

:D :D :D

OK after a bit of research etc. etc. I managed to get the sample program working. (PS2000)

I already had most compiler stuff ready. I needed to get the headers for 32 bit development on the 64 bit machine. Place the provided shared libs under /usr/lib32. and compile with the -m32 option - basically building a 32bit app.

for 32bit ubuntu things should be pretty much straight forward.

Next step now is to get it working with code::blocks

Now it's bedtime!

Tobie

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

That's excellent news Tobie!

Regards
John

tobie.de.beer
User
User

Post by tobie.de.beer »

OK after a bit of a struggle to convince code::blocks on a 64-bit machine to build 32-bit apps, I now can detect via the provided driver and a GUI build under code::blocks whether the a scope prope is plugged in. ( e.a. the Handle is valid )

Now it is designing and programming the GUI.

I allowed ( I'll have to check with forum policies) I'll post some binaries as I build some sensible GUI's

T

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Tobie,

We have no objection if you wish to post your binaries for other forum users to experiment with.

Regards
John