single/repeat/Non e/auto Triggers

Post your .Net discussions here
Payam30

single/repeat/Non e/auto Triggers

Post by Payam30 »

Hi,
I have developed a UI for streamin and capturing sample. Everything works nice . However I want to use the triggers method like repeat , auto and single. What methods should be called and how do these trigger work progmatically? I would appritiate any help. Im very close to a very nice application that is nice and easy to work with.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: single/repeat/Non e/auto Triggers

Post by Martyn »

Single, Auto and Repeat triggers work in a very similar way, all using the SetSimpleTrigger function.

Repeat trigger is just a single trigger where your application collects a single event, and then repeats the process. Auto trigger just adds a timeout (1 second in PicoScope6 but settable in your application) so that if the trigger condition is not met then it will collect the data after the timeout.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Payam30

Post by Payam30 »

Thank you for your reply.
since we are on the subject. Would you explain to me what threshold is that in your application,excuse me if Im wrong, is defined as 2500.

In my app i use nanosec in setbuffers. When scaling from adc to mv I get strange values where I use the same code you have on pico 5000a console. This using resolution of 8 bits.

and please explain to me what ration mode is.

And at very end i would like to know how you implement rising/falling filter in your trigger.

Payam30

Post by Payam30 »

Hi,
I got to know what the threhold direction work. however I dont know how to use the auto, repeat , single in setStreamingTrigger. what are the input parameters for those triggers.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Streaming is a mode where data is continually sent to the PC, and will start as soon as you issue the command.

When you set a trigger event with streaming what will happen is that the device will indicate at which sample the trigger event occurs. It is not possible to rearm the trigger to indicate further occurrences whilst the scope is still streaming, you would need to stop and restart the streaming. So Auto/Repeat/Single have no real purpose when performing true streaming.
Martyn

Payam30

Post by Payam30 »

Martyn wrote:Streaming is a mode where data is continually sent to the PC, and will start as soon as you issue the command.

When you set a trigger event with streaming what will happen is that the device will indicate at which sample the trigger event occurs. It is not possible to rearm the trigger to indicate further occurrences whilst the scope is still streaming, you would need to stop and restart the streaming. So Auto/Repeat/Single have no real purpose when performing true streaming.
Hi again,
I believe I have not described my problem clearly enough so I try again.
Look at the plot attached. You see that the point where you want to set a trigger is 0 and trigger is set to Repeat while Pico is still streaming.
so my question is :
I set the point to something like -2 v on the plot. And I want pico to Repeat trigger on that point. How do I tell setSimpleTrigger to do that?

Ive seen:

Code: Select all

short enable = 0;
            uint delay = 0;
            short threshold = 25000;
            short auto = 0;

status = Imports.SetSimpleTrigger(_handle, enable, Imports.Channel.ChannelA, threshold, Imports.ThresholdDirection.Rising, delay, auto);
Where will the point's dimension be placed and how do you make the measurements act as they are in Pico 6?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I see no plot, so can't comment.
Martyn

Payam30

Post by Payam30 »

Martyn wrote:I see no plot, so can't comment.
I'm sorry. Here
Attachments
aa.PNG

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Are you trying to recreate the exact functionality of PicoScope 6 ?

PicoScope 6 actually handles this process by just looping through the start scope, collect data, draw data
process for repeated collections, so you just need to do that yourself to get repeat triggering.
Martyn

Payam30

Post by Payam30 »

Martyn wrote:Are you trying to recreate the exact functionality of PicoScope 6 ?

PicoScope 6 actually handles this process by just looping through the start scope, collect data, draw data
process for repeated collections, so you just need to do that yourself to get repeat triggering.
Hi again Martyn,
Yes. I have my own program and I'm very interested of creating the same functionality. The thing is how do you know that the collection repeats. how does Pico 6 know that? how is the logic there? Can you give me a hint?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You don't need to think about the scope repeating the collection, the scope just does one collection at a time and then you, or more specifically your application, directs it to collect a new block repeating the process for as long as you wish.
Martyn

Payam30

Post by Payam30 »

Martyn wrote:You don't need to think about the scope repeating the collection, the scope just does one collection at a time and then you, or more specifically your application, directs it to collect a new block repeating the process for as long as you wish.
Do you do this by own calculation or do you use any of Pico methods/functions?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

There are no methods or functions for this, you just collect a block of data (Trigger or No Trigger), and once complete you have the option to stop (Single Trigger) or your application can repeat the process (Repeat Trigger).

The only option to instruct the scope to do something specific is the Auto Trigger, where you pass a time out in the SetSimpleTrigger function after which the scope will return the data even if not trigger event has occurred.
Martyn