picoscope 3424 and drivers

Which product is right for your exact requirements

picoscope 3424 and drivers

Post by Guest »

I am considering the 3424 in an application where I would I would like to measure 4 waveforms simultaneously, with each requiring 12 bit resolution and a bandwidth of 50kHz. probably at a repetition rate of <1KHz.

It is important that all channels are updated at the same time. Is this the case for the 3424.

Additionally I will be using Agilent VEE, version 7.0, with regard to this do you supply appropriate drivers with the scope for VEE.

Cheers

David

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by gruntman »

David,

For your application the PS3424 would work extremely well. The specifications for this unit fall well within what you are trying to do. All channels will be updated at the same time like you need. We provide VEE examples for almost all of our products. Simply download the software and follow the steps outlined at http://www.picotech.com/drivers.html to install the examples for the PS3424 to view what is available. Thanks for your interests David and if you have any questions after receiving your scope feel free to post them here.

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com

Post by Guest »

Thanks Richard

I was pretty confident all specifications were good, and having read the user manual in conjuction with the vee example all looks good as well.

Another query, although not critical at present, would be the actual update rate that can be achieved.

For example assuming I'm running a test where I wish to capture a record length of 1millisecond (1024 samples). How fast can I update this to the PC.
While not critical for initial test and demonstration, where I'll use this board, in the final system I'd want 1000 records per second, each of 1024 points on all channels, which we will probably do on dedicated hardware, but it would be useful to know how far I can go within the limits of the pc scope and the usb bus. I realise this depends on other demands on the pc and the usb bus but a ballpark figure would be useful ?

cheers

David