ADC200-20, stuck at 0V.

Post any questions about our parallel port products
Lindqvist
User
User

ADC200-20, stuck at 0V.

Post by Lindqvist »

Hi all,

I need help with my old ADC200-20 V5, Batch PDR84.

The traces for both channels are stuck at 0V and shifts only a few pixels up and down, regardless of the signal I feed it with.

It all started with a failed "Offset null", witch caused the software to crash. After that it showed static for a short time on both channels , see the attached picture.

And now, after a lot of fault finding, all it shows is 0V and sometimes when i start it up it's stuck at min or max voltage for a short time. But it resets to 0V if I change the trigger or voltage/timebase range.

I have tried with:
* All imaginable settings in PicoScope R5.10.6, R5.17.2 and R5.18.0
* Three different Parallel port cables (one new).
* Three different computers with WinXP, Win2000 and Win98SE, all with true parallel ports.
* Different settings for the parallel ports.
* Tracing the signals on the PCB, and it looks good all the way to what I thinks are the AD converter IC's.

The PicoScope software always crash if i set the timebase at 200ms or higher, select meter view or do a probe "Offset null".

Personally I think something has happened with the firmware in the scope.

Any ideas? I'm stuck...

Regards
Lindqvist
Attachments
Static on channel A and B, with no imput signal.
Static on channel A and B, with no imput signal.
brokensmall.JPG (26.72 KiB) Viewed 4642 times

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Lindqvist,

If the problem suddenly appeared on a previously working and unaltered system, then there could possibly be a hardware failure.

You could request that the unit is returned for repair by sending an email to support@picotech.com.

Regards
John

Lindqvist
User
User

Post by Lindqvist »

Hi picojohn,

Thanks for the reply.

I will buy a new scope instead of sending this old one for repair. Have been thinking of an automotive scope for a long time, and now I don't need an excuse to buy one. :wink:

Regards
Lindqvist