Installation of SDK for LabView 32bit on Win7 64bit

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Thomas Kinder
User
User

Installation of SDK for LabView 32bit on Win7 64bit

Post by Thomas Kinder »

Hello,

After installing PicoScope 6 on my Win7 64bit computer, I tried to install also PicoSDK_32_10.6.10.24.exe from the CD for use with LabView. I could find example VIs, but not the corresponding 32bit DLLs. I deinstalled everything, downloaded the lastest PicoSDK_32_10.6.12.41.exe from the web. After installation, I finally found the ps5000a.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\SDK\lib, which I suppose is the correct dll for my PicoScope 5442A. However, now I am missing the LabView example VIs.
What is the correct procedure to install PicoScope 6 and LabView example VIs including the suitable DLL, and where do I find these after the installation?

Best regards,
Thomas

Hitesh

Re: Installation of SDK for LabView 32bit on Win7 64bit

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Thomas,

The PicoSDK 10.6.12.41 version is the current one to use.

Our examples are now on GitHub:

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-ni-labview-examples

Please refer to the README file and note that the examples for your PicoScope model are in the ps5000a directory - there are examples for 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW.

Hope this helps,

Thomas Kinder
User
User

Post by Thomas Kinder »

Hello Hitesh,

I am using LabView 2014, so the examples on Github are too new for me. Can I use the examples from my CD (SDK 10.6.10.24) with the DLLs installed from SDK 10.6.12.41? In fact I got the VIs running after setting the DLL path in every single VI from C:\...\LabView 2013\... to D:\...\LabView 2014\... . However, the PicoScope5000aExampleBlock.vi got stuck somewhere in the PicoScope5000aGetBlock.vi in a while loo that seems to be waiting for the PicoScope to be ready:
ps500aIsReady.png
ps500aIsReady.png (5.2 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
Is this due to version mismatch? In any case, what is the reason for this problem, and how can I solve it?
The PicoScope is working fine with the PicoScope 6 software.
Best regards,
Thomas

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Thomas,

We save most of our examples for LabVIEW 8.5 so they should work with LabVIEW 2014. Are you getting any error messages to say that the files were saved with a later version of LabVIEW?

With regards to the device not becoming ready, if you have set a trigger condition on the front panel of the example, that trigger condition will need to be met before the device becomes ready.

Regards,

Thomas Kinder
User
User

Post by Thomas Kinder »

Hello Hitesh,

I get this error message:
LV16_instead_of_14.png
LV16_instead_of_14.png (6.73 KiB) Viewed 6324 times
It is German, but you can recognize the error code 9: The VI version (16.0) is newer than the Labview version (14.0).
Anyway, I could create a trigger event and got data into my Labview plot diagram. So I assume my not-straight-forward installation process was successful! It seems I can run the LabView VIs from the CD with the newer DLLs.

Best regards,
Thomas

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

We will check this here and update the GitHub repository as required.

Regards,