PicoScope 6.10.8: Save settings on exit

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Jeff
Advanced User
Advanced User

PicoScope 6.10.8: Save settings on exit

Post by Jeff »

For those of you who wish that PicoScope would start up with the same settings that you used on the last run, the new 6.10.8 release has the answer. There are now many more items in the Save Settings menu:
R6_10_2_startup_settings_menu.png
The last item, Restore Last Session on Start-up, tells PicoScope to do exactly what you wished for.

The other commands and options are as follows:
  • Save Settings As... - allows you to save as many settings files as you like (this was previously under the File > Save As menu)
  • Save User Default Settings - this saves the settings that the Auto Setup button uses
  • Reset User Default Settings - if you no longer want the settings that you saved with the previous command, this will remove them and revert to the factory settings
  • Load User Default Settings - this is equivalent to the Home button on the toolbar
  • Restore Last Session - if you didn't enable Restore Last Session on Start-up, this command gives you a second chance to retrieve your last session
  • Load Factory Settings - this will apply the factory settings without overwriting any of your settings files or options
  • Load User Default Settings on Start-up - this option selects PicoScope's default behaviour: to start up with your saved startup settings. It is the complement of the Restore Last Session on Start-up option.
Jeff

Niall

Re: PicoScope 6.10.8: Save settings on exit

Post by Niall »

Hi Jeff,

At least the version that you discussed can SAVE multiple setting configurations - however, there does not appear to be any equivalent 'Load Settings' option.

This seems rather strange - it is the one feature that I would have expected to be available from any software-based oscilloscope. After all, it can take quite a few adjustments to get the screen displaying information in a way that is most suitable, so users might naturally want to be able to save that configuration for later re-use.

And, having saved a configuration, the user might then create a different setup, to display different information - and they might save that setup as well. This 'should' allow the user to swap between the two configurations painlessly - but no such capability appears to exist in PicoScope v6.12.7.2687.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Niall
NJS Technical Services
Cheers, Niall Saunders
3404MSO

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

File->SaveAs and change the save as type to pssettings , you can then use File->Open to load the chosen pssettings file in to the running software, or alternatively locate the settings file in FileExplorer and double click to start the software with the chosen settings.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Niall

Post by Niall »

Hi Martyn,

Yes - thanks for that. I did eventually figure out the 'how to do it' myself, but then forgot to come back and 'close' my query.

Cheers,
Niall
Cheers, Niall Saunders
3404MSO