.PSD file annoyingly saves window state

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

It is pointless saving a minimised window state in the .psd file?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 1

mpgreen
User
User

.PSD file annoyingly saves window state

Post by mpgreen »

Hi,

It appears that the .psd file save the state of the picoscope window along with the captured data.
This is a real pain in the ass if the window was minimised during capture
because when you scroll up and down to view previously captured files the pico scope window keeps minimising itself.
Any chance this could be fixed or a "save window state" option put in the menu somewhere?

For the time being can you tell me where this info is save in the .psd file so I can strip it out manually?

Regards,

Mark.

markB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markB »

Hello Mark

The simplest way to strip out the minimised state from the PSD files is to open the file in PicoScope, Maximase and resave.
Regards

Mark

mpgreen
User
User

Post by mpgreen »

But I have over 300 files saved!

Normally I would just scan through them using pgup pgdown (a very useful feature). But in this instance I cannot because they were all captured with the window in a minimised state.

If you could tell me where in the .psd file the window state is saved I'll just strip it out or reword it in all 300 files using a batch process.

Mark.

markB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markB »

I'm afraid that the PicoScope file format is private and we cannot release the information that you asked for.

I've submitted a bug report to get PicoScope to ignore the minimised flag when loading files. As you say, its completley pointless.

This should be release in the 5.17.x version of PicoScope which should be available soon.
Regards

Mark

mpgreen
User
User

Post by mpgreen »

Ok, thanks for that.
Its a shame about the confidentiality thing on the psd file format but if its going to be fixed in the next revision then thats fine.

Thanks again.

Mark.