.net Automation example fails

Post your .Net discussions here
chris33

.net Automation example fails

Post by chris33 »

Meanwhile on vstudio 2017,
IAutomation automation =
(IAutomation) Activator.GetObject(typeof (IAutomation), "ipc://PicoScope/PicoScopeAutomation");

does not work. Also the documentation about automation seems to be very secret, could not find anything how to write my own code. Is it named pipes, socket communication, .NET remoting, or 'WM_COPYDATA'?
Any new code how to remote my scope with picoscope 6.12.7 running?

Regards
Chris

Hitesh

Re: .net Automation example fails

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Chris,

You will need to send the commands as command prompt commands in C#.

To start with send the command

Code: Select all

picoscope.com /a /?
and this will provide a list of all possible commands.

Use ? at end of an option to find out about the item and for outputs

e.g. AutoSetup

Code: Select all

picoscope.com /a AutoSetup.AutoSetup
There is a request for the commands to be documented but I will add your comments to an existing request for our Technical Publications Team.

Regards,

chris33

Post by chris33 »

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the advice, I know that sending commands to a shell(called process automation) will work, but it's slow.
Is the Inter Process Communication from 2013 no longer supported?

Regards
Chris

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, we do not support Inter Process Communication at this moment in time. I will raise a feature request for the PicoScope software.

If you could provide a description of what you are trying to do, then we could advise on what is actually possible.

Regards,

chris33

Post by chris33 »

Hi Hitesh,

I want to read out the measurements and sometimes I need the full spectrum. With my other scopes I communicate via VISA commands over the GPIB- or USB-interface.
I wonder why nobody else needs such a feature...

Regards
Chris

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Chris,

We provide drivers compatible with programming languages that support standard C calls. These have API functions which provide a great level of control over the devices e.g. for signal generator capability and advanced trigger operations.

The Developement Team are aware of requests for the export of measurements. This post gives you the automation commands in the meantime. It looks you would have to create an instance of the command prompt each time which is not ideal.

When you refer to the full spectrum do you mean obtain obtaining data from spectrum mode captures?

Regards,