Error when doing command line conversion

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
mattias

Error when doing command line conversion

Post by mattias »

Hi!

I'm trying to convert a set of .psdata files to .mat files with this command line command (run in powershell):

Code: Select all

picoscope /c *.psdata /f mat /b all /q
But I get this error:

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: Pico.MVVM.IoC.IoCRegistrationException: Pico.MVVM.DialogService.IDialogService:Type Pico.MVVM.DialogService.IDialogService not registered
   at Pico.MVVM.IoC.PicoIoC.Resolve(Type T, String name)
   at Pico.MVVM.IoC.PicoIoC.Resolve[T](String name)
   at i..ctor(lJ gui, mq recentFilesMenu, bV deviceDialogControl, ey powerSourceDialog, ez progressService, lE fileDialogsCreator)
   at l.a()
   at oo.Execute()
   at n.a(String[] , Boolean )
   at PicoScope.PicoApp.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.a()
   at d.a(List`1 )
   at PicoScope.PicoApp.AppMain(String[] args, Boolean consoleMode)
   at Pico.PicoScope.PicoScopeCmdLine.Main(String[] args)

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Pico.MVVM.Disposable.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Pico.MVVM.Disposable.Finalize()
This used to work just fine and I've used this with success earlier, but sometime between I last used this (a few months back) and now, something has broken. Things that I've tried that hasn't made a difference :\
  • I've updated PicoScope to the latest version (6.12.7.2687)
    Applied all updates to Windows 10
    Tried several different files, files that did work previously
    Tried on different drive locations
    Tried different variations of the command - any conversion (txt,csv,etc) fails with the same message.
    Turned it off and back on again :)
    Verified that the files converts/saves just fine as .mat through the Picoscope Application
Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated as converting the amount of files I have manually (through the Picosope GUI) wouldn't be manageable with the amount of files I have.

Kindly,
Mattias

Hitesh

Re: Error when doing command line conversion

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matthias,

We are aware of this issue which has been fixed. There should be a new version of the software available soon.

Are you able to load the data files manually or alternatively use a PicoScope 6.12 Beta version and export them in the meantime? How many psdata files do you have?

Regards,

mattias

Post by mattias »

Hi Hitesh,

Sounds great that you have fixed this issue - looking forward to the updated version. In the meantime, how do I download the 6.12 beta? I can't seem to find any other than the latest stable version on the download page.

I regularly create 50 to 100 psdata files when doing measurements, and it takes a long time to do the conversion manually.

Kindly,
Mattias

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mattias,

Please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide you with a link.

Thanks,