No 2000 series users guide

Having problems ? let us know the details here
dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

No 2000 series users guide

Post by dnoyeb »

I have a new 2207B MSO. There is no available users guide like for other series. Thus I don't know the power requirements. I can't tell the mso pinout without hand sorting each io. Etc.

Will a guide be forthcoming?

Jeff
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: No 2000 series users guide

Post by Jeff »

We collected all the available information on these scopes and published it in the PicoScope 2000 Series Quick Start Guide and the PicoScope 2000 Series Data Sheet. There was therefore no need to publish an additional User's Guide.

There is no figure for the power consumption of these scopes. We state only that they meet the USB 2.0 Specification.

The MSO port is intended for use only with the MSO cable that we supply, so we do not publish the pin-out of the connector. The individual wires in the MSO cable are labelled so that you know where to connect them.

If you are having trouble connecting or using your scope, please let us know and we will do our best to help you.
Jeff

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

I read the quick start guide. The 3000 series users manual is far superior and satisfying. You see pictures of all the connections with descriptions. The 3000 users guide has the 'pinout' picture there showing the position of D15 through D0 and the 4 GNDs. Yes these are labeled on the pins, but when you have 20 pins dangling its easier to know inherently where the pin you are looking for is. The pins are not in any easily discernible order so for instance, D4 and D5 are nowhere near each other. And then the tips in the 3000 manual about handing fast signals and connecting all 4 grounds. All of this was left out of the quick start guide for the 2000.

I am just relying on the 3000 information and crossing my fingers that this all applies to the 2000 as well.

Jeff
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Jeff »

Thank you for your patience. We will certainly bear your comments in mind when planning the next set of manuals. You made a good point about the MSO grounding advice, which we admittedly failed to mention for the 2000 Series.
Jeff