Feedback wanted from our Linux users!

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
andrejpodzimek

Re: Feedback wanted from our Linux users!

Post by andrejpodzimek »

The application is utterly unusable on high-DPI screens and the problem (topic39951.html?&p=142246) hasn’t been addressed for nearly two years.

To emphasize this once more: One cannot use Picoscope at all on Linux with contemporary display hardware (such as 4k on 13" or 5k on 27" in my case).

IanL

Post by IanL »

ARM64, in short.

Various ARM64 SBCs more than capable of running apps like Picoscope now available and easily cheap enough to use as dedicated machines. Combined with a small LCD (I'm using a Lilliput TK-700 just now - https://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/ope ... pen-Frame/) you can build yourself a really nice little self-contained bench-top scope.

Or you could if there were ARM64 drivers and Picoscope build available. Just the drivers would be a nice start - might drive me to dust off my C/C++.

Otherwise thanks for a great product and hope it all continues to go well.

Best, Ian.

mprowe

Post by mprowe »

All I want is to be able to reliably maintain the product!
I am referring to: Install error for topic40977.html which has been open from Jan 2021.

Regards, Martin

Kieran
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by Kieran »

Thanks to all who submitted feedback on our Linux software, we had nearly 250 replies and forum posts with great suggestions, and some common issues such as lack of feature parity with the Windows version.

So I get to say "You told us, we listened..." :D :D :D :D :D

As some of you may have noticed on our downloads page, we are replacing PicoScope 6 with PicoScope 7. PicoScope 7 is a major development to deliver the next-generation user interface for PicoScope Test & Measurement oscilloscopes. If you haven't yet seen it, click https://oem.picotech.com/p7beta/download

Windows, Linux and macOS versions of the software are being simultaneously developed, with feature parity across all three. At this stage, the models supported in PicoScope 7 are PicoScope 2000A/B, 3000D and 4000A series and Demo mode. Other PicoScope devices may also open and work, but are not fully tested yet. PicoScope 7 will eventually support all current and recently discontinued PicoScope models and most legacy models.

Not all the advanced features are in yet, but PicoScope 7 will be updated regularly adding features all the time.

We have a new forum channel for the new PicoScope 7 Linux early access program, so please download your copy and join the channel.
topic41276.html
Kieran
Pico Technical Support
Forum Moderator

Qqqqqqqqqq

Post by Qqqqqqqqqq »

Hi Kieran - I haven't purchased a Pico but i'm very interested in the 4000A and 4444 with differential probes. The lack of full Linux support is what caused me to hold off on purchasing a Pico, because i've experienced Windows-main software support before and it can really be an unpleasent experience. I understand the 4000A will have 7 support - will that soon include the 4444? If yes, i'm almost certain to buy a 4444.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

PicoScope 7 (windows/Linux/Mac) supports the 4444, and an Early Access version is now available topic41276.html
Martyn
Technical Support Manager