Speed up "pollFastStreaming"/"isFastStreamingReady"?

Post your MATLAB discussions here
henroys

Speed up "pollFastStreaming"/"isFastStreamingReady"?

Post by henroys »

Hi

I'm using a 2204A and 64-bit Matlab. I'm trying to speed up the frequency the "ps2000RunStreamingNs" sends data at. At the moment I'm stuck at about 50ms. Is there something that can be done to speed things up?

I have reduced the Matlab code to virtually nothing, just enough to get a timestamp for the speed check, so I don't think the bottle neck is there.
My suspicion is that 50ms is what pollFastStreaming/isFastStreamingReady needs to poll the data. Is that so?

regards Henrik

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: Speed up "pollFastStreaming"/"isFastStreamingReady"?

Post by NeilH »

Hi Henrik

What exactly are you trying to do?

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

henroys

Post by henroys »

Hi Neil, thanks for replying.

I'm trying to live plot data at a fast rate, hopefully as fast as the screen refresh rate.

The data is captured on one channel and the plotting shall occur when a missing tooth is detected from a "60 minus 2"-teeth trigger wheel signal on the other. And only the data since the last missing tooth shall be plotted.

At the moment new data is not transferred at a fast enough rate to achieve this. "Only" every 50ms or so.
What dictates the rate new data is transferred at? I have the trigger turned off.

Regards Henrik

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by NeilH »

Hi Henrik

The frequency of new data coming from the device will be dictated by how long it takes to transfer the data from the device over the USB and then do any other function calls are within the loop before it get back around to the next call to collect new data.
The USB transfer time can be affected by other devices on the USB bus as well as the actual transfer rate of the USB connection between the scope and PC.

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer