Max number of Picoscope 4444 usable on a computer

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
aroubeau

Max number of Picoscope 4444 usable on a computer

Post by aroubeau »

Hello,

I'm currently working with a Picoscope 4444 and I'll need to record a lot of signals (50+) simultaneously.

Can I use 5 to 15 Picoscope 4444 on a PC with USB Hub for example?

Thank you for your answers!

DwightG

Re: Max number of Picoscope 4444 usable on a computer

Post by DwightG »

I've been asking for this but it has not yet materialised. Replying here hopefully to get others interested in the feature.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

It is possible to connect multiple scopes to the same PC, however whether it would work for your requirements would depend upon exactly what you are looking to do. The important factors to consider are the sampling interval, the length of time you need to sample for, and how critical the timing is between channels across the devices.

If you needed to use the PicoScope 7 software then each scope would require it's own instance of the software to be running, and this would limit the number of devices you could use depending upon PC resources. We often have two or three when testing but generally not working the software particulalrly hard.

If you are able to write your own application then you can use more devices and get better time synchronisation between channels across devices.

If you would like to email support@picotech.com we can look into this in more detail with you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

DwightG

Post by DwightG »

Hi Martyn, did the OP get in touch with you at all regarding this subject?