Need a help on picosdk api

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
thameemkj

Need a help on picosdk api

Post by thameemkj »

Hello all,
Im currently working on PicoScope 2204A. I need some suggestions to find the low pulse samples. My exact requirement is that, I want to get average minimum voltage. So if I got an idea on finding low pulses from a continuous two or three waves, I can get what I want.

What I do now to find low pulse is, from the result of a single ' run() ' I take most maximum and most minimum values, and I take their center as a threshold, and I take all values less than this threshold as low pulse samples. And I take their average.

But the problem with this approach is that, Im not getting consistent values. I doubt if its the problem with parameters I give like timebase, oversample, etc. The wave Im working on is not an exact sinusoidal wave. It looks somewhat like below in the range +-5V,

Code: Select all

/\/\  /\/\/\/\/\/\                                 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
      |    \/            |                                |                  |
      |                  |             /\    /\           |                  |
/\/\/\/                  \/\/\/\/\/\/\/  \  /  \/\/\/\/\/\/                   \
                                          \/
If someone could help me set trigger ( or any other way ) that starts at a falling edge and stops at a rising edge, would be helpful.

Thankyou.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Need a help on picosdk api

Post by bennog »

can you post a .psdata file of your sample signal ?

Benno

thameemkj

Post by thameemkj »

Sorry, the actual signal is just reverse to what I wrote in the description. I have attached the actual one.
Attachments
Actual-Pulse.psdata
(88.08 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

For the SDK I would go for streaming mode and loop every value you get test it for below 1V and sum all values that come in below 1V (and also count these values)
After a couple of seconds you can divide the sum of the values below 1V and divide them by the number you counted and you have the average of the low pulses.

You can also do this with trigger on < 1V and repeat the above for the first x triggers and do the division after some triggers.

Benno