PS 3206MSO issues ...

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
evalon

PS 3206MSO issues ...

Post by evalon »

Hi PS forums,

I have an odd issue with my Picoscope 3206MSO which I hope someone here may know of and hopefully be able to help with - would be much appreciated.

The issue is that when using channel A the oscilloscope triggers on a signal when I choose nanosecond (ns) time bases whereas when I select microsecond & upwards time bases the signal just "floats" at "some signal level" - and never triggers the signal no matter what I do.

Oddly, this is not the case on channel B. Here I can trigger with any time bases.

I am pretty sure it has not always been like this - channel A used to work as intended.

Might someone here know what causes this? Software or hardware issue? I use Win7 and my picoscope software is version 6.14.44.

Cheers & thanks for any help in this,

Jesper
Attachments
version-no.jpg
trigger.jpg
no-trigger.jpg

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: PS 3206MSO issues ...

Post by bennog »

Do you have some filtering or resolution enhancement enabled on channel A ?

Benno

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Right Click on the screen then select View Properties so that a panel opens on the right with the scope settings,we need to understand the differences between the two setups. Alternatively save a psdata file for each situation and post both of those.

There is also a later version of the PS^ software that can be downloaded here https://www.picotech.com/download/softw ... _14_54.exe
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

evalon

Post by evalon »

@bennog & Martyn,

Thank you both for your feedbacks, and well, this is potentially embarrassing :oops: ... but following your suggestions I noticed in the right property box that I had a 40 kHz lowpass filter enabled on channel A.

Disabling this filter everything now works ... :wink:

Thanks again for your help & my apology for any inconvenience ..

Cheers,

Jesper