Picoscope 2204A no longer recognized by Windows 10

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
kdharbert

Picoscope 2204A no longer recognized by Windows 10

Post by kdharbert »

Not sure if a recent Windows update is the culprit but my Picoscope 2204A is no longer being recognized by Windows 10. Device manager shows "Unknown Device." I am able to manually select the driver for a Picoscope 2000 series since the driver is already present. This will make the device appear as a Picoscope in device manager, but the Picoscope 6 software will not detect the device. Multiple install\reinstall cycles and use of DPinst.exe have been attempted without success.

I had never used my scope with my Mac before, so I gave it shot to isolate if it was a hardware failure as opposed to a conflict with a recent Windows update. The Picoscope would only show up as "Vendor specific device". The Picoscope 6 software would not detect it.

Any possible troubleshooting steps?
If I can't rule out a hardware failure, is there a warranty?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 2204A no longer recognized by Windows 10

Post by Martyn »

Check the first sections of the Frequently Asked Questions and, as you have Windows 10, try updating the drivers by searching on Microsoft for updates.

If this still does not resolve the issue contact support@picotech.com for further options including repair.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

kdharbert

Re: Picoscope 2204A no longer recognized by Windows 10

Post by kdharbert »

My replacement unit works just fine. Looks like my first one gave up the ghost out of nowhere.