How do I Label Signals?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
mike603

Re: How do I Label Signals?

Post by mike603 »

I would also like to add my support for this feature. Being able to label the analog channels should be in the software.

I realize that prioritizing the software development is important and the software is improving nicely. However, not being able to label the channels is, in my opinion, a major gap.

As a software development manager myself I understand the desire to add wiz bang technical features to the software but the user interface needs to be improved as well. While not as exciting as new technical features, UI improvements are more likely to increase word of mouth, due to ease of use.

Also, please make the labels able to be longer than 3 characters!

stfarley

Post by stfarley »

I agree this one should be a priority.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

I also agree this one needs some priority.

jamezdin

Post by jamezdin »

Happy New Year and hopefully you will be able to enable signal labeling in 2019. It is super important feature.
When can we expect next major release?

Cheers

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

and yet this feature exists ( I wonder for how long ? ) in Picoscope 6 Automotive which Pico says shares the same code base as Picoscope 6. So is this really about about "implementation" as suggested by Pico responses in this thread ? Why does it have to wait for Picoscope 7 when it exists in Picoscope 6 Automotive ? I understand the basis for multi-tiered products and how companies make more $ from higher tiered products. But in my case I paid more $ for my 4444 and so expect to get something as basic as labels. Deny me other useful things like waveform library, guided tests ( I'm not talking automotive library or tests, but the infrastructure of such things such that I could share any waveform with any other Pico user or create my own guided test ) but labels ???

davem_me

Post by davem_me »

+1 for labels and titles.

Mart

Post by Mart »

+1 label signals.
Signal- / channel-names, at least by taking from math-channels as labels, and as legend with signal colors in printout.....pls. This a requested feature for so long now. First seen in 2012, I guess.

Mart

nagesh

Post by nagesh »

+1 for channel label request.

Spent over $15000 dollars to buy two 6000 series scopes and find that there is no way to label channels. It would be great if the priority on this feature request can be upgraded. I told my colleagues to buy this scope before but due to lack of this basic feature it wouldn't suggest them to go for this scope. It seems almost 6 years since this basic scope feature request was made.

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

that this feature has been available in Picoscope 6 automotive since at least 2016 is the most damming to T&M and Pico Technology as it tells me that such features were purposely disabled or removed from the codebase that already had them. Something that would actually take effort. My sense is that whatever the delay in Picoscope 7 for T&M it will be due to some combination of two factors. The first is the of removing of version 7 for Automotive features that would actually be _useful_for T&M ( waveform library, guided tests, PicoDiagnostics along with all the other basic features mentioned here like labels ). The second is whatever time management thinks Automotive should be unique in having a new version. I think a lot of this happens as a result of the lower cost T&M scopes which makes sense to me, but those who have spent a lot on T&M scopes are penalized.

adamhmitchell

Post by adamhmitchell »

Got my PicoScope today - very exciting. Took some readings and the first thing I wanted to do was label my channels on the screen. The screenshots don't make sense without labels.

I couldn't figure it out so I googled it and was really disappointed to find this post from 2016.

There's no way to label the probes? Really?

There was an 8-channel scope on Amazon from China for $100. I bet it has labels. I was expecting a better product than this.

alex_go

Post by alex_go »

Picoscope T&M ver 7. Still no lables ?? Are you serious?
Is that kind of special feature hard to do ?
I have bought 3405D and upset about it.
What strange thing to have this feature implemented for automotive series and disable for T&M?