PicoScope3206B-cannot open

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
coj

PicoScope3206B-cannot open

Post by coj »

Hi,

I am facing an issue using my picoscope 3206B, I cannot open communication through Labview.
I downloaded the SDK through the download page (Discontinued products ->picoScope 3206B -> SDK 32 bits)
The installation does not include Labview examples (as shown in Youtube video), I found dll in "lib" directory.
I used the ps3000.dll but the "ps3000_open_unit()" function always return 0. I can see the PicoScope logo and a slide bar that increase until ~10% and then stop.

I installed the app PicoScope 6 and it is working well.

I also try to use the dll through Python but got the same issue ( the "ps3000_open_unit()" function always return 0, Slide bar of PicoScope logo stop at ~10%)

Did I use the correct dll, which one is used by the PicoScope 6 app ?

Coj

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoScope3206B-cannot open

Post by Martyn »

You need to use the ps3000a examples, not the ps3000 ones which are for an older range of scopes.

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-ni- ... er/ps3000a

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-pyt ... 0aExamples
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

coj

Post by coj »

Many thanks Martin for this fast response,

It's working fine now.

coj

Post by coj »

Hi,

I am facing an issue trying to use the low pass filtering in channel setting.
I used the function "ps3000aSetBandwidthFilter" or "ps3000aSetBandwidthFilter-2", according to prototype description the bandwith allows only 2 values (FULL OR 20 MHZ).
I tried with 0 or 1 in bandwith parameter but it returns PICO_STATUS = 0x3F (Function not used)

Is there a way to use Low pass filtering in the same way as in Picoscope app ? (I mean specify a value)

Thanks