Examples don't seem updated for Picoscope 7

Post your C and C++ discussions here
NatTuck

Examples don't seem updated for Picoscope 7

Post by NatTuck »

I'm trying to run the C example for ps5000a, and it's not building. Specifically, it's looking for an include in a libps5000a-1.1 directory which doesn't exist in the current Picoscope 7 or libps500a Ubuntu packages.

The relevent files in the picosdk-c-examples repo haven't been updated since 2021, so I'm guessing the examples haven't been updated for the Picoscope 7 release. Similarly, the Programmers Guide for the Picoscope 5000a series still refers to Picoscope 6 software.

(Edit: The docs are fine)

It looks like others are having similar problems with the 4000 series scopes: topic42184.html

The compiler errors after changing to the libps5000a directory look like I might be able to figure it out and migrate it over by reading the new code, but it'd be nicer if the examples and docs were up to date.
Last edited by NatTuck on Tue May 23, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NatTuck

Re: Docs and Examples don't seem updated for Picoscope 7

Post by NatTuck »

Upon further examination, there's no "libps5000a-1.1" directory in the Picoscope 6 repo either.

Do the examples just not work with the Linux packages at all?

NatTuck

Re: Docs and Examples don't seem updated for Picoscope 7

Post by NatTuck »

Upon further experimentation:

1. It is possible to get the examples to compile (with lots of warnings) and run.

2. The examples are not as helpful as just reading the Programmer's Guide and writing a working program by following the appropriate outline from section 3.5.