Issues with Raspberry Pi USB permission for TC-08 Data logger

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
pauloxicato

Issues with Raspberry Pi USB permission for TC-08 Data logger

Post by pauloxicato »

Hi there,

As the title said, I'm running PicoLog 6.1.16 on a raspberry pi 3 b+. When I open PicoLog 6 I get an error that goes as follows:

Code: Select all

/etc/udev.rules.d/ does not have an entry for PicoLog devices or it could not be read due to permissions
When I run the fix commands it asks me to logout, I do but nothing changes. Next, I run the suggested commands on the command terminal but the following appears:

/etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules: Permission denied
Can someone guide me to fix this issue please. Thank you!

Oric

Re: Issues with Raspberry Pi USB permission for TC-08 Data logger

Post by Oric »

Hi,

to solve the issue at hand you have to create /etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules
manually as root (as it resides somewhere you do not have access to as a normal user)

As root (or use sudo):

nano /etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules
and here paste in

ATTRS{idVendor}=="0ce9", MODE="777"
Save and close. This at least is what PicoLog is trying to do. However, this has not been sufficient for me to get the logger being recognized so if you have more success I would be happy to hear how you did it.

PAXHI

Post by PAXHI »

I have the same problem, incorrect usb permission. what should i do?

WilliamLockley

Re: Issues with Raspberry Pi USB permission for Dr DAQ and another datalogger

Post by WilliamLockley »

I have exactly the same problem. I tried downloading the PicoLog 6 for Raspberry pi 4B from the download page. Unfortunately It didn’t work, even though I opened a terminal and input the commands suggested on the webpage.

Hope someone can help me with this. Below are the ouptputs/errors etc from the terminal when I put in the commands and when I tried to use the downloaded program.

Terminal
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg -i picolog-6.2.0-armhf.deb
dpkg: error: cannot access archive 'picolog-6.2.0-armhf.deb': No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Program.
When I attempt to run it with a Dr DAQ inserted in the USB port the program starts as normal and then gives the following error,

Incorrect usb permissions

etc/udev/rules.d/ does not have an entry for Picolog devices or it could not be read due to permissions

You may be prompted for admin rights to perfrm these fixes.

Ignore >Dont tell me again Run fix commands

show commands

bash -c 'echo "ATTRS{idVendor}==\"0ce9\", MODE=\"777\"" > /etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules'

I then tried to use the fix option or the ignore option but in both cases it then asks for me to log out for the changes to take effect. But when I do the same thing happens again.

Hope someone can help with this because I have another 12 channel Pico data logger monitoring lab instruments too and I don’t want both my main computers tied up with data logging when a raspberry pi or two in the lab should do the job and free the computers for use in other areas.

Bill

Caice1

Post by Caice1 »

I ran that show commands in terminal and that resolved my issue.

sudo bash -c 'echo "ATTRS{idVendor}==\"0ce9\", MODE=\"777\"" > /etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules'