Installing PicoScope 2000 Series- 2204A Software on Samsung Book Flex Intel Core i7

Having problems ? let us know the details here
dr4mrzestr3d
User
User

Installing PicoScope 2000 Series- 2204A Software on Samsung Book Flex Intel Core i7

Post by dr4mrzestr3d »

Good afternoon yall,

My name is David and I am having issues with installing the 2204A software on my Samsung laptop. I thought the Windows program would work out yet, I get a particular message when I enter the program (image below).

A little bit of foreshadowing, I am asked to repair the software and I do select the repair option. I allow the software to do what it needs to do automatically which is cool yet, it's never successful. I do this repeatedly and nothing works. The only other message I get asks me if I allow the software to make changes to my computer in which I input yes to continue and it does not help. I've also inputted no to making changes and it just cancels the repair.

A few steps back, during the initial installation, I am also asked if I allow the software to make changes to my computer. I input yes to make it go through, and I think common sense would be if I input no, the installation just stops there (I have not tried it yet though).

I have tried a few software as well. I need PicoSDK 10.7.20 (64-bit)- unsuccessful. I have tried PicoSDK 10.7.20 (32-bit)- unsuccessful. I've tried PicoSDK 10.6.10.22- nothing. Lastly, I have tried PicoScope6 6.11.12- nothing. This last one I found in a forum trying if it will work for a new model Windows laptop like mine. I believe this Samsung laptop I'm using is a Windows model (I have the Windows setup- Picture below) although I believe Intel is another type similar to Windows (correct me if I'm wrong).

In conclusion, I've tried a few software programs meant for Windows thinking they'll work yet no success. I am repeatedly asked to repair and nothing changes. I install, uninstall and install which is no good. Any more ideas or my Samsung Laptop not compatible. I appreciate the help yall.
Attachments
2021-04-01 (2).png
2021-04-01 (1).png

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing PicoScope 2000 Series- 2204A Software on Samsung Book Flex Intel Core i7

Post by Martyn »

You have installed the SDK which is a set of tools to allow you to write your own programmes, you need to install PicoScope6 https://www.picotech.com/download/softw ... _14_36.exe
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

dr4mrzestr3d
User
User

Re: Installing PicoScope 2000 Series- 2204A Software on Samsung Book Flex Intel Core i7

Post by dr4mrzestr3d »

I appreciate your time Marytn,

Right on, I have installed PicoScope6 yet, a similar issue has appeared. (Screenshots of every step below.) It still asks me to modify and or repair.

Actually, was there a part 2? I will log back in later today April 7th, 2021 at 9:30am U.S. Central time.
Attachments
2021-04-07 (4).png
2021-04-07 (3).png
2021-04-07 (2).png
2021-04-07 (1).png

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I would suggest uninstalling, then checking that the Samsung has all the latest updates for Windows including .Net and then, after a power cycle, trying to install the software again. If that is not successful then please email support@picotech.com as we will need to look into the issue in more detail.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

dr4mrzestr3d
User
User

Post by dr4mrzestr3d »

Yes sir, working on updates right now.