Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
trevor.smith
User
User

Re: PicoScope 7 T&M Early Access program - Introduction

Post by trevor.smith »

miles wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:15 pm
Is there a way for us to get some visibility into the list currently-supported and planned features of V7?
The development team are just finishing up work on Digital/Logic Triggers and the AWG editor - that work should be completed, tested and released by the end of January. After that they will tackle Mask Limit testing and the Alarms function. Further out they'll be looking at data export for MATLAB etc., Rapid Trigger mode and X-Y display.

LH4PI
User
User

Post by LH4PI »

Miles

Nice to read that yoi have got the PicoScope 7 T&M to work. What platform and version did you use . I have tried Lubuntu 18.04.5 .

trevor.smith
User
User

Post by trevor.smith »

There's a specific installation process for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS shown on the Download page: https://oem.picotech.com/p7beta/download

I'm currently running Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and used the install process described for that version.

Both versions should work fine - please let us know how you get on.

G-son
User
User

Post by G-son »

Entity wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:22 am
The spec sheets of many PicoScope models give a higher performance in Maximum sampling rate (continuous USB streaming into PC memory) than the PicoScope 6 software when using the PicoSDK. Will the PicoScope 7 come closer to the performance of the PicoSDK?
It would also be very nice if the max record length when streaming would be increased. My (now obsolete) 2200 model only goes to max 2MS in one waveform - which is fine, but I assume it's purely a software limitation which could easily be changed and the newer computers of today will easily handle it. Would make sense to bring such a change with the new software.
One downside could be that the old datasheets for the scope would not be completely correct, but I think most people can live with the reality being better than the stated data. 8)

(Yes, I know I can get a new 2204A and get 100MS record length instead. But I'm waiting until I have the money for a 2000 B-model instead or something in the automotive line, lots of other improvements I want included there.)

tomikaa87

Post by tomikaa87 »

Hi,

Do you have any plans to make ARM64 macOS builds for the M1 processor? Running the Intel version via Rosetta is a bit heavy on the battery and also the interface is very laggy, especially when the capture is running.

Fyod

Post by Fyod »

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let the devs know that I'm buying a PicoScope today, mainly because you offer a MacOS version of the software. I know that the Apple user base is small in comparison, but believe me, if you perfect the MacOS version of PS7, the users will come. A lot of people in the embedded software/hardware development industry use Macs and need scopes, and there is no other computer-scope option out there for us.

Cheers!

DwightG

Post by DwightG »

Hello again.
On the Pico 7 download/info page it says;
“ PicoScope 7 T&M around mid-2022. And, of course, we have plans to add many new capabilities in the future.”
Any chance we can have some idea as to what these might be?

mike603

Post by mike603 »

I just installed the new PicoScope 7.096.11034 for windows. I haven't used version 7 since it first came out.

Here are my suggestions so far (about 20 minutes of use):

1. On installation offer the ability to import scope setting from existing installations of PicoScope 6
2. Default the probes to 10X rather than 1X. The majority of probes are normally used at 10X rather than 1X.
3. Analog trace names are not available.
4. Add the possibility to move the top bar (with running, timebase, etc.) to the bottom by setup or dragging.
5. Add the ability to move the side bar to the left or right by dragging.
6. Add the ability to add icons from the more menu to the side panel or top panel
7. Where is the menu to configure keyboard shortcuts
8. More -> add notes just flashes the screen but doesn't do anything else
9. Add the ability to move all icons and controls on the side and top panel to the other panel or change the order on the existing panel. This ties also to #6
10. Add context sensitive right click menus. For example right click on a trace and selections for label, range, filtering, home trace to 0.0V, etc could come up. Right click on the main screen and selections such as set trigger point here or freeze display.
11. Add buttons for trace enable, disable, trigger auto, none, repeat and single, etc. That was multiple clicks are not needed (one click to bring up the menu and a second click in the pop up menu).

The program crashed and exited while I was typing this.

I'm sure I will think of more as I use it more.

This is also posted in the suggestions section of the program itself.