find driver v2.5tc08 not connected.
Is there anybody who can help me, I'm about to give
up. :cry:

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your TC-08. The serial cable that you need to use is straght through. ie 1 - 1, 2 - 2,..., 9 - 9.

If you have made your own I would advise checking the conformity to ensure that the pin set up is correct. Once you have done this and confirmed cable is correct, I would advise that you check the voltage available form you serial port. The TC-08 requires a + and - voltage of about 7 volts, if it is not supplied with these voltage then the unit will not work and connection not possible.

Pin 5 - gnd
Pin 4 - -7 volts
Pin 7 - +7 volts

Start Picolog up and then try to connect to the TC-08 through the New Settings configuration routine. Then disconect the serial cable from the TC-08 and test the above pins with a multimeter.

If your PC is not supplying the correct voltage level you have to possible options, power the TC-08 externally, for which I can provide a diagram, or use a USB to Serial Port Adapter.

If you would like to recieve the diagram please send a request to:

tech@picotech.com

requesting the external power supply diagram for serial products.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

Would you please post the diagram showing how to power the TC-08 externally please as I have run into the same problem.
Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I myself am not able to post the diagram, however will suggest it to those responsible for the website.

In the meantime if you would like to email us at tech@picotech.com then we will be more than happy to email the file to you.

Hope this helps

Best Regards