Logging raw values instead of voltages

Forum for discussing PicoLog
dwerdna

Logging raw values instead of voltages

Post by dwerdna »

Hi

I would like to log the ADC output rather than the particular voltage. Is there any way to do this easily? I probably could DA convert it, but I do not want to lose accuracy. I am using a Pico ADC-12.

Also is there a way to log directly to file, rather than just to the Picolog thing, which I have only been able to increase to about 30 mins of logging (1000000 samples at 2mS). I would like this thing to run overnight...

Thanks

Andrew

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am not certain that I have understood the first part of your question correctly, do you want to record the ADC counts that the ADC-12 will give out, this ADC count is directly related to the input signals amplitude.

If I am correct in my assumption then this is possible, but to achieve it you will need to write your own program, in any of the following: C/C++, delphi, VB, excel (VBA), Labview, HP Vee. To do this you would use the driver routines available from the adc1032.dll. A decription of the prototypes can be found in the ADC-12's help manual.

This will also help you with the the second part of you question, as 1,000,000 samples is the maximum number that Picolog can save into one file.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer