Number of data points

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
gumper

Number of data points

Post by gumper »

I know that the ADC 212 has 500 points made available. Well I am trying to only acquire a signal that happens say 10 seconds down with line and I need a great deal of accuracy so if there is any way to sort of zoom in on just that window (10-10.2) seconds and have all five hundred points be in that screen I would be the happiest guy in the world. Is there a way to do this, and if there is, is there a way to do this using Labview.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

The ADC-212/3 has 32ksample buffer shared between the 2 channels when active. This means that the if writing your own software in Labview you are able to collect this number of data points. To do this I would advise looking at the examples provided and that can be downloaded by following the download link at the bottom. You will need to look at the driver routines in the help file to understand how to impliment your own programs.

In Picoscope you can increase the maximum number of points per trace by going to:

Settings | Options | Advanced

Increase the number of points to 32,000.

In Picolog when using Fast Block mode you can specify the number of points that you wish to get.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer