Picoscope6 installer

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
jmroman

Picoscope6 installer

Post by jmroman »

I can't get PicoScope6_r6_5_78 installed in a PC with win7x64 SO. At some point during installation a message box shows up saying: Problem when starting c:\windows\system32\pnpui.dll -> c:\windows\system32\pnpui.dll is not a valid win32 application. (Translated from spanish).

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope6 installer

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,
I have tried to install the software on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in both English and Spanish and that appears to install correctly so it's possible that this is a Windows issue.

Are you installing from a CD or did you download the software from our website?

Try downloading the software from our website and installing it again. The software is available from http://www.picotech.com/software.html

Select the device in Step 1, then in the Step 2 drop-down menu, select 'PicoScope R6.5.78 (SR) for Windows XP (SP2)/Vista/7'.

If this does not work, you may need to repair your Windows installation. Backup any data and insert the Windows installation disc in the drive and starting the PC (you may need to select the option to boot from the optical drive from your BIOS window). When Windows Setup loads, select the option to repair the installation. You do not need to put a fresh install on the hard disk.

Regards,

NicolasG

Post by NicolasG »

Hello,
I'm facing a problem when starting the application PicoScope 6.
The PicoScope 6 application (version 6-12-9) was successfully installed but when I want to launch it by clicking on the PicoScope 6 icon, it appears an error message "C:\Program Files\ Picothechnology\Pico-Scope6\PicoScope.exe is not a win32 valid application".
My computer runs under windows XP Pro, SP3 2 CPU @ 2,13 GHz, 1.99 GB RAM.

I tried to repair the application but it confirms that it is successfully installed.
Several shut down and re-installation ... No more result.

Do you think I've to find an older version of PicoScope 6? Where to find it?
Thank you,
Nicolas

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

PicoScope 6.12.9 is not suitable for Windows XP, you would need a WIndows 7 or later O/S

The last version to support XP was PicoScope 6.11.12
Martyn
Technical Support Manager