PicoScope 6402 + Newest Software PICOSope6

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
paulchen

PicoScope 6402 + Newest Software PICOSope6

Post by paulchen »

Hello,
I have the latest Software version: 6.5.78.5 installed, unfortunately the software don't find my device PicoScop 6402.
Can someone help me.

Thank you for your support
Attachments
Bild 4.jpg
Bild 4.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
Bild 3.jpg

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 6402 + Newest Software PICOSope6

Post by Hitesh »

Hi PaulChen,

We have determined that the latest version of the PicoScope6 software has a bug in it such that it does not recognise the 6402 scope (even though it does recognise the 6403, which is why we missed it, sorry!)

One way out of this is to return to the previous version of the PicoScope6 software until a newer and updated level of software is released in the near future. You will need to un-install your present version by re-running the installer and selecting "Remove" when asked if you wish to "Repair, Modify or Remove". Once that is done, run the older install file for version R6.5.77 which is available from our website:-

http://www.picotech.com/software.html
  • In Step 1, select PicoScope 6402
  • In Step 2, select, under "Other Versions", R6.5.77.
Another option, is to keep your present version of PicoScope and to use a new "PS6000.dll", which I attach, which is simply put into the normal PicoScope6 folder to replace the existing "PS6000.dll" already there. That should fix the problem. The new file is "Zipped" - extract the file "PS6000.dll" and copy it to your PicoScope6 directory (Probably C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\PicoScope6) where the original dll is present.

A new version of the software will be released next week which will contain the new dll as standard. I am sorry for the trouble caused.
Attachments
PS6000.zip
(749.58 KiB) Downloaded 485 times

paulchen

Re: PicoScope 6402 + Newest Software PICOSope6

Post by paulchen »

Thank you for your support.

Now it works.

Best regards
Paul