Surface Mount Reflow Oven Calibration

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Surface Mount Reflow Oven Calibration

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on what system you would recommend to calibrate a Surface Mount PCB reflow oven.

The oven operates via PC control and displays temperatures (0-300C) in 6 zones (3 above & 3 below) on the PC Screen. PCB's travel through the oven on a conveyor belt at a set rate. The K Type thermocouples used in the oven are built into infrared heating elements and so would be very difficult to calibrate individually. The oven also has 3 sockets for T type thermocouples and will display and record 'Profile' temperatures for a PCB as it travels through the oven.

My idea is to calibrate the oven output as follows.

1. Setup a standard (calibration) profile for all heating zones.
2. Tie the 3 T type thermocouples to a sensor attached to 'your system'.
3. Run the bunch through the oven and record the temperature profiles on both your system and the Oven PC Software.
4. A comparison of the 2 would then suffice to ensure that the oven is maintaining accuracy.

Do you provide Calibration Certificates with your systems. We are attempting to achieve FDA approval and they are extremely fussy about calibration issues.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The unit that we produce that also uses thermocouples is the TC-08, this unit can be supplied with a calibration certificate that is vailid for one year. The calibration is an electrical test that gives uncertainies.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

markspencer wrote:Hi,

The unit that we produce that also uses thermocouples is the TC-08, this unit can be supplied with a calibration certificate that is vailid for one year. The calibration is an electrical test that gives uncertainies.

Best regards,
Where can I get more info about this unit? Yet, where and whom can I purchase it from?