Test and Measurement Forum

Question on TC-08

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Question on TC-08

Postby Peter Svancarek » Wed May 19, 2004 9:03 am

:?:
I have a theoretical question: can I measure temperature on a few thermocouples of different types at ones (of course with 200ms time step) together with potencial ?
:?:
Peter Svancarek

Postby markspencer » Wed May 19, 2004 9:39 am

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

It is possible to use multiple units on your PC, all you would require is a free serial port for each unit or a usb to serial port converter.

When setting up the different channels, you select the thermocouple for each channel, thus it is possible to have different thermocouple for each channel with multiple units.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer
markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Question on TC-08

Postby Peter Svancarek » Wed May 19, 2004 9:45 am

Hi

Thank you for your response.

Yours sincerely
Peter Svancarek
Peter Svancarek

One more question

Postby Peter Svancarek » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:12 pm

Hallo.

My boss want to know answer for this question:
Can I measure 3 x "S" type thermocouple and 3 x potential?
On the picture there is 8 connectors, but there is no conector for potential? Is this because I have to connect cables for potential measurement to same conectors as thermocouples ?

You have to understand, we have bought one data acquisition card (AD612 from Humusoft) and we found out that that card is for our needs absolutelly useless- it can't measure as low potential as is needed for temperature measurement.

Yours sincerely
Peter
Peter Svancarek

Postby markspencer » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:24 am

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

You can certainly measure 3 x S type thermocouples, the TC-08 cah use all thermocouple types and each channel can be set to a different thermocouple type.

With regards to measureng potential, if you are refering to single ended voltage then you will be able to measure voltsage in the range ±60mV. You connect these into the same slots that the thermocouples use. In Picolog for the channel type you would select mV.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer
markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Peter Svancarek » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:16 am

Thank you for your answer.
Regards
Peter
Peter Svancarek

Return to Pre-Sales Advice