Servicing Cd players Clear Eye Patterns with an ADC200

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Steve

Servicing Cd players Clear Eye Patterns with an ADC200

Post by Steve »

Does anybody know how to display a clear Eye pattern I need to see a clear waveform not just amplitude if i can demonstrate a clear analogue eye pattern then my colleagues would go for this product.
personaly i never leave home with out it !

regards steve :roll:

richhutchins
Active User
Active User

Your eye pattern prob

Post by richhutchins »

I have yet to try this, but try downloading one of the newer versions of pico-scope. These have really cool new display modes. I would try using the analog persistance mode.
If that doesn't work then post a reply to your origingal message. I might just try catching that eye pattern waveform this weekend. Shows how much of a nerd I really am!

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Colour Persistance Application

Post by matthew »

I have tried this capture, but I am not convinced that I have the correct test points on the CD Player I am using.

The Analogue Persistance display mode seems to work very well for this, but I am still waiting on advice from Steve as to what sort of trace he expects to see and whether or not you need a reference CD to obtain a sensible trace.

If you are interested, there is an article here which details the process of performing the test on a PS2 (I'm still debating whether or not to dismantle mine in the name of science!).

http://www.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_laser_ ... cope.shtml

Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer