Auto Diagnostis Kit - V8 & V6 compatability

Which product is right for your exact requirements
skytreebird

Auto Diagnostis Kit - V8 & V6 compatability

Post by skytreebird »

I am interested in the purchase of your Automotive Diagnostics Kit. I have a laptop and the system sounds ideal for my uses. I have a 1981 Ferrari 308 GTSi (3.0 litre V8 ) and a 1996 Ford Probe (2.5 litre V6).

1. Will the system be compatible with these two engines? (Can I set the number of cylinders in the software?)

2. Say I was carrying out a relative compression test and one of the peaks was low indicating a problem in one of the cylinders, from the software would I be able to identify which cylinder? or would I then have to resort to testing each cylinder using a compression gauge to identify the specific faulty cylinder?

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Autonerdz »

The Automotive Diagnostic Kit can be used on any vehicle. How you hook up will vary and what adapters are needed.

It's a two channel lab scope and not an engine analyzer. There are no raster or superimposed views, nor does the software know how many cylinders there are. You choose what you wish to see and how to display it.

Yout Probe is probably a waste spark DIS with three coils. A good way to analyze secondary ignition is to look at pos and neg firings of a single coil simultaneously. The resolution and detail is unmatched.

In your relative compression test you could use the other channel to trigger off of the compression firing of #1, disable the fuel, and count your starter current humps over from #1 trigger in the firing order to ID the low cylinder.

:shock:
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

Post by Guest »

Thanks Tom.