Question about Interfacing AD-16 with Palm

Which product is right for your exact requirements
yasser

Question about Interfacing AD-16 with Palm

Post by yasser »

Dear Pico,
I wanna buy a system that can store an eight channel data.
In my mind, i would like to buy AD-16 and will interface it with Palm.
My question, Can i store the data that has been read by the AD-16 (from sensor) in Palm. Do i get the software for this functions?

Thank You
Regards,
Yasser T. :D

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your post. The ADC-16 can be used with a PDA (Palm), unfortunately, our drivers and software will not run on the PDA, as this uses Windows CE.

To achieve your aim you will need to write your own driver, all the information that is required can be found in the ADC-16's help manual. The ADC-16 is also powered via the serial port from a PC or Laptop, in your case you might want to consider powering the ADC-16 externally to increase the life time of your PDA's batteries. If you decide to do this I can provide a diagram on how to do it, please email a request to:

email: tech@picotech.com

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

Can you send me the PCB design, and Schematic Diagram Plus the Component List for built the exsternal power supply for PDA.

Asking About Storage of The Palm

Post by Guest »

If i built my own driver can i save the data into palm memory?, or we use the Palm for display only.

Reply me asap
Thanks,
Yasser T.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

If you wrote the driver yourself and can get data back, then there should be no reason that you cannot save the on the PDA. All this functionality would have to be written by yourself.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer