cant get back into recorder

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
mr jb

cant get back into recorder

Post by mr jb »

hi, having truble with my pico scope, whenever i record a session and close it, and going to record another one, i start the picolog recorder, only the player starts up, every time. have too reboot the pc to get the recorder started again!

help!!

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cant get back into recorder

Post by Chris »

Hello

The Player will start if you try to run picolog again, when there is already an instance of PicoLog running.

Is there a PL icon on the taskbar? If there is, double click on it to bring PicoLog Recorder back up.
(see the attached image for what the icon looks like)

If you don't see this icon you can force the recorder to close. Bring up your Task Manager and close the instance of PLW32.exe. Then you can try rerunning the software and it should bring up PicoLog Recorder this time.

Note. The latest version of Picolog recorder can be downloaded from our website

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

-Chris
Attachments
PL_Icon.png
PL_Icon.png (12.01 KiB) Viewed 6081 times

monk

Post by monk »

Hi, I have just taken delivery of the PT-104 data logger, have installed PicoLog and am running into this issue. First time I started PicoLog Recorder, it brought up the Recorder. Now it will only bring up the PicoLog Player even if I explicitly click on the PicoLog Recorder icon itself rather than the PicoLog Player icon. I have checked I have no running processes in the background with Task Manager. I am running on Windows 10.
How can I get back to the PicoLog Recorder please, it appears to be impossible...

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

PicoLog Recorder will still be running (plw32.exe), you will find that it has been minimised to the status bar in the bottom right, check hidden items, where you will find a blue PL logo.

If the recorder is running and you try to run it again the default action is to start the player.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager