We have a serial TC-08 which worked well until we had to change PC and then it suffered from intermittent and random hangs. We have a thought that the unit mayb collect data Ok but only crash when the graph is moved. This needs to be confirmed however.
Following a suggestion from elsewhere in the the forum we have purchased a USB-serial converter for PICO. Sadly we cannot get this to work either. This is what I have tried:
1. Converter lead unplugged.
2. Install driver software. Reboot PC.
3. Connect cable (not TC-08).
4. Upon checking in control panel I can not see an entry for 'USB to serial interface' under device manager-universal serial bus controller.
5. 'Serial to USB[com4]' is present but this clashes with another device on that port. I then change the port to another (although the port I select initially shows as free it does say its allocated upon selection). I select anyhow.
6. I load Recorder and select the appropriate com port for my converter but is does not locate it. Using serial PICO software.
We have reverted to the serial cable and I will try the USB-serial cable on another PC.
Any thoughts on what could be causing the driver software to not intsall the 'USB to serial interface controller' ?