Measurements in Labview at High Frequency

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
sisler

Measurements in Labview at High Frequency

Post by sisler »

Hi,

I am using a Picoscope 3206 with LabView. I need to measure the frequency of a signal on the order of a khz, so I'd like to get a sampling rate of 10kHz or higher. In the ps3000 documentation it says that the 3206 is not compatible with the fast streaming mode and the compatible streaming mode maxes out at about a kHz (I've tested this out in labview and am only able to accurately measure a signal up to around 500 hz). So, for high frequencies the documentation suggests running Equivalent Time Sampling (ETS) using the block mode. But, in the SDK, there is no example VI for ETS and I have tried building my own but in the documentation it says that a ps3000_get_times_and_values() function is required. This function I cannot find because it is not used in the example files (so I can't copy it from them) and I can't find it in the SDK to insert it into LabView. Is there an example ETS VI or how can I put this function into labview?

Regards,
Nick Sisler

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Measurements in Labview at High Frequency

Post by Robin »

Hi Nick

Unfortunately, we don't have a LabVIEW example that uses ETS.

The function ps3000_get_times_and_values is available in the driver (ps3000.dll) and can be called from LabVIEW by using the Call Lbrary Function node.

Robin