Utilizing the ADC16 for battery voltage

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
bartistics

Utilizing the ADC16 for battery voltage

Post by bartistics »

Here at my work we are using the ADC16 to monitor battery voltage (charge and discharge). We are calculating the %Recharge based on Amp Hours Out and and Amp Hours In. No biggie there.

I am setting out to writing my own software in C# (C language with the GUI development of Visual Basic). My first initial attempt has been to read in the .plw file and convert it to hex. No luck there. Unless somebody has any input to converting the .plw file to hex, I am moving on.

My second attempt is to create a program to call pico recorder. I have the examples on the modules to open a port to the ADC16 as well as close it, retrieve last value, and the such. However, inside my program I want to be able to use the start, stop, pause, re-record, spreadsheet, and graph functions available in pico recorder. Is there a way to call the API for those buttons directly from pico recorder?

Thanks for any input.

-B

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. It is possible to read the .plw file and convert it to hex but it is not something that we support so I cannot give you much help on this. The .plw file format is in the help manual, have a look under 'PLW data file format'.

With regards to your other queston, it is not possible to access the PicoLog functions from another program. You either have to use PicoLog or write your own separate software using the drivers and examples provided.

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

bartistcs

Post by bartistcs »

Well, I have had a look at the PLW File Format sheet. And to be honest, your "examples" and documentation have MUCH to be desired of. When you say "Visual Basic Examples", one would expect to see an example program, not a .dll file. Guess asking here was just a waste of my time since no REAL help can be offered.

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

I'm afraid we have very limited support resources, and we can't in general help people with writting their own software. Its up to you to make the best of the examples and drivers that we provide.

You might find other users here on the Forum that may be able to help.

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator