Data Acquisition from compression tranducer

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Data Acquisition from compression tranducer

Post by Guest »

Hi there, I'm looking to build a comression strength test station, but integrating electrical components is not exactly my forte. I'd like to take a simple compression load cell and pull the data either into a graphical form, or just as a data dump. I don't care if it is a simple delimeter separation set up for the data, or a complete package system... I can always pull the data into a spreadsheet for analyzing. Anyhow, I don't know the simplest, cleanest, nor most economical way to go about it. I like what I see in the Pico software... seems very clean. Does Pico offer interface hardware where I can plug-n-play the load cell into a computer serial or parral port and pull the data from there? This is going to be a single dedicated test using a very common 50 pound button style load cell. Any and all input is welcome. TIA!!

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. Yes, we sell the hardware interface (ADC's) that can read the signal from your load cell and log the data on your PC.

We have a wide range of ADC's, which one is suitable for you will depend on the output range of your load cell, number of channels required, sampling speed required, etc.

Please visit our website for details and specs of our range of data loggers,
http://www.picotech.com/data.html

Best regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

concutter

Thanks... I'll get started

Post by concutter »

Thanks Ric,

I'll start gathering some hardware for the apparatus and get back with you when I find an appropriate load cell. Hopefully, you all will have the right software/hardware to interface the cell. This is the line of cells I am looking at... http://www.transducertechniques.com/SLB-Load-Cell.cfm ...the 50 lb unit.

Thanks again,

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

I had a look at the load cells, you should be able to log the mV from the cells without problems. You'll have to supply your cell with 5V from an external power supply though, unless you use the ADC-16 which has a 5V output.

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

concutter

Thank you

Post by concutter »

Thanks for the feedback... it looks like the ADC-40 should work perfectly for us... and the software comes with the hardware purchase?!?! Oustanding! I've contacted your vendor, Interworld Electronics, in Port Roberts, WA to see about purchasing. Thanks again for the support and for providing just the product we need!

concutter

Quick question

Post by concutter »

I see the data sampling rate on the ADC-40 is in kS/s... is it safe to presume that is kilo-Samples per second? I guess I will be using this system as a meter to monitor the voltage from the load cell.

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

Thats right, its kilo samples per second.

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator